1.13.2010

Saint Gabriel's College

I teach at Saint Gabriel's College in Bangkok. Another teacher and I have been assigned the task of writing English plaques for the statues in the wax museum, so I will share some history with you here. I was walking through the original building yesterday, which is reminiscent of an old plantation mansion in the Southern United States, and I took my time looking at some old photographs on the wall. The wooden floors flex and creak in a way that is beautiful and comfortable. There is a breeze that constantly travels through the windows that are never shuttered and you can feel the history in every breath you take. The college was built in 1920 by the Brothers of Saint Gabriel, and has turned into one of the premier schools in Bangkok. Below of some photographs from the walls of the school.



1 comment:

deksaint gabriel said...

Hi A horse named Joe..happy holidays..;your nice little words worth a lot to SG College's alumni like us..//admin..deksaint Gabriel